"The New CA Landscape"
With water scarcity in California becoming an increasing concern and UC Master Gardener at the forefront of inquiries from the public, the statewide UC Master Gardener Program in partnership with the California Department of Water Resources conducted regional drought workshops for volunteers across the state.
The workshops focused on the critical issue of water management in the home landscape and provided a forum for discussion on drought-related outreach happening across the state. Here you will find resources, documents and presentations from the "New CA Landscape" drought training.
Maintaining an Existing Landscape:
Janet Hartin, UC Cooperative Extension Environmental Horticulturalist, presents Maintaining and Existing Landscape at the "New CA Landscape" workshop for UC Master Gardeners. This 73 minute presentation was recorded in Davis, CA on April 7, 2016 and generously paid for through a grant from the California Department of Water Resources.
- Plant water use
- Irrigation auditing and scheduling
- Maintaining landscape plants
- Maintaining edible plants
- Graywater use
Planning a Low Water Landscape:
Steven Swain, UC Cooperative Extension Environmental Horticulture Advisor, presents Planning a Low Water Landscape at the "New CA Landscape" workshop for UC Master Gardeners. This 76 minute presentation was recorded in Davis, CA on April 7, 2016 and generously paid for through a grant from the California Department of Water Resources.
- Irrigation updates and changes
- Calendaring change
- Alternatives to turf
- Native plants and Mediterranean plants
- Smart meters
- Graywater and rain collection
Click below to download drought presentations by county
- Los Angeles County (August 25, 2015)
- Orange County (August 26, 2015)
- San Joaquin County (September 3, 2015)
- Butte County (September 10, 2015)
- Ventura County (September 14, 2015)
- San Francisco / San Mateo County (October 19, 2015)
- Fresno / Madera County (October 16, 2015)
- Yolo County (April 7, 2016)
Training Image Gallery:
Statewide Training Coordinator