Due to COVID-19 and the safety of our communities a statewide order of sheltering-in-place for California has made it necessary to cancel and or postpone all in person training classes. The statewide UC Master Gardener Program office has established and will be managing a course on eXtension campus. This course is functioning as a repository for UC Master Gardener related training that volunteers can view remotely. Recordings, online resources and quizzes, for volunteers will be posted in the course as they become available during this time of transition. Access to this is FREE and open to the public.
Course: UC Master Gardener Recorded Trainings
Course Table of Contents
- Home Survival in Wildfire-Prone Areas Design & Maintenance Considerations (Fire)
- Maintaining an Existing Landscape (Drought Related)
- Planning a Low Water Landscape (Drought Related)
- Introduction to Horticulture (Training Class)
- Weeds (Training Class)
- Weed Management in the Landscape (Training Class)
- Control of Weeds in the Garden Landscape (Training Class)
- Diagnosing and Managing Arthropod Pests (Training Class)
- Plant Identification- tools and techniques for learning how to identify plants (Training Class)
- Plant Propagation (Training Class)
- Vertebrate Pest Management (Training Class)
- Plant Diagnostics (Training Class)
- Entomology (Training Class)
- Climate Change: Causes, Consequences, and Solutions (Climate Related)
- Asian Citrus Psyllid for Backyard Growers (IPM)
- Slugs and Snails (IPM)
- Avocado Cankers and their Causes (IPM)
- Avocado Root Rot Disease Management (IPM)
- Laurel Wilt Disease (IPM)
- Invasive Shot-hole Borer (IPM)
- Bee Gardening (Horticulture)
- Container Gardening (Ornamentals)
- Gardening in Crisis: An American Norm (General)
- Creating an Oasis for Yourself and Others (General)
- Navigate to the eXtension online campus website https://campus.extension.org/login/index.php
- Create a free account or log in as a guest.
- Some courses may allow guest access, some require an account.
- It is suggested that you make an account so you can track your progress and see your history
Campus Help Page
eXtension campus offers help online through Campus Help Page.
- For questions about course content, quizzes, completion status, certificates, etc., contact the teacher listed for the course in question. Every course should display a "Course Contacts" block--probably on the left side of the course page. That block provides the names of the course teachers along with links for sending your teacher an email. Click on the envelope icon to activate your email program.
- For assistance with logins, course enrollment, or other technical issues, contact us by either:
- For assistance in purchasing or accessing a fee-based course, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org