It is easy to grow your own vegetables weather in a container, your yard, a community garden plot or a on a large ranch property!
To have a successful garden just follow the seven basic rules of vegetable gardening:
- Plant only as much as you can easily maintain.
- Create a garden plan before you begin.
- Grow fruits and vegetables that produce high yields in the space available.
- Plant during the correct season for the crop you would like to grow. Select varieties recommended for your climate zone.
- Select a garden site that has at least 8 hours of full sun each day, avoid shaded locations.
- Prepare the soil and amend and fertilize as needed.
- Harvest fruits, vegetables and herbs at the correct stage of maturity.