Planting and Caring for Bulbs in your Garden - San Jose
Date: October 13, 2018
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Contact: UC Master Gardeners
Sponsor: UC Master Gardeners, Santa Clara County, CA
Fall bulb catalogs are in the mail, and planting time is just around the corner. The time is right to think about bulbs, whether spring daffodils, tulips, and Hyacinth or summer Dahlias and Begonias! Come join Master Gardener Judy Hecht for a talk about:
- Delight of planting bulbs in your garden
- Discuss which bulbs grow best in our climate
- When to buy and plant them
- Various ways to use them in your landscape – from planting them in drifts in planting beds to bring color announcing the beginning of spring
- Growing them in containers to bring delightful blooms indoors
- How to care for them after blooming to insure you have a repeat performance for years to come!
Participants should wear closed-toed shoes, layered clothing and a hat, as the class is held outdoors in our Pavilion. A refillable water bottle, notebook and writing implements are recommended. Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to park and sign in. Please note: the park charges $6.00 for parking, or you can park on Chynoweth Avenue near Vauxhall Circle for free.
Presenter: UC Master Gardener Judy Hecht